Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Live Dispatch Feeds

Patty posted this on her own webpage, but I thought I would post it myself here. If anyone is interested, you can hear the live calls being dispatched to the surrounding Fire/EMS Services in the Houston area. Because most of Houston is not incorporated, Fire and EMS is dependent on volunteers to organize, supervise and operate this invaluable service. This is what I have been working so hard on for so long and am continuing to train for EMS. Once you click on the link (hidden in the posting title) scroll down to near the bottom and you will see the links titled HCEC Live CAD feed, this is an auto-updating webpage that shows all the current live calls in operation. It gives the time of the call, street and cross street, nature of the call, and the responding units. If you click on the link titled Cmmd Live Audio Feed, you can hear the calls as they are being toned out.

My department, Atascocita (pronounced Uh-tass-ko-see-tuh) operates under the station number of 19. So, all of our apparatus are designated Medic 19, Medic 29, Medic 39, Engine 19, Engine 29, Ladder 19, Brush 19, Rehab 19 (thats me, the water girl, ha ha). You might occasionally see LF1, LF2, LF3, or LF4 on a call. This identifier is for Lifeflight, our air ambulance service. You can take a look at my fire department's webpage here http://www.avfd.com. It needs to be updated, but you can see our new patch, and some of our trucks and stuff.

Also, dispatching is what I did previous to becoming a fire fighter/EMT-B. They outsourced the dispatching to the county and I lost my job as a dispatcher (boo hoo).

Anyways, not sure if this stuff interests any of you. Just an insight into me and my little life in my little part of the world.

No comments: