Monday, May 09, 2005


This is the inside of the Tate Modern. (I really do have to get this off my chest). This building is an old power station, converted into this lovely modern looking (well on the inside) interior. However, I really do think that it is wasted on the so called art which occupies it. I have looked at this stuff, and puzzled at it. It really is a load of old rubbish, and my taxes have contributed to housing it, it's a good thing it was free entry, or I would have asked for my money back (actually we saw two floors, and decided to give the rest a miss). There are better drawings on our classroom walls, I have been in a local sixth form (16 year olds) art classroom, and their art is far superior.

That is my beef over.
Sue

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm with you on this one Sue. What a load of crap housed inside a lovely space.

Last year, when my friend Mischelle and I came over to the UK she wanted to go inside. I tried my best to talk her out of it....

Leigh said...

Modern art is to provoke thought and dialogue.

My thoughts and dialogue are always, "What the hell are they smoking???"