Thursday, September 09, 2004

Fall is falling

I can smell it in the air and feel it in my bones. Our lovely summer is winding down. Rain is lightly falling outside and I can smell the smoke from neighbors fireplaces. I hate to see the summer end with a few more motor home trips and some kayaking left to do. I saw some friends pulling their kayaks down my street this morning while walking my dogs. I wanted to jump in and go with them.

Jim helped round up and ship out the baby Salmon from the pond he helps maintain in the summer. Hope they return in three years fat and sassy and ready to bite the bait!

All of this will give us good memories to remember as the winter swallows us up with the wind and rain we are so familiar with here on the Oregon Coast. Thank God for good books and satalite TV!!! Teddy


1 comment:

Teddy said...

Thanks Patty for your kind words. In this part of the world it isn't hard to write about. I am in such anguish for my in-laws in the Florida keys and such worry. I hear tonight another storm after Ivan is on the way! Enough is enough! Wish they were with us here on the Oregon Coast safe and sound.