Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sue's 50 things she forgot earlier.

Another 50 things OR The bits I forgot earlier – Sue

1. In the past I have been 35lbs overweight.
2. I am very sentimental over ‘things’.
3. I’m learning to play the mandolin.
4. I can keep a secret. (Don’t tell anyone).
5. I hate driving.
6. I am not a confident outgoing person.
7. My eldest son made me a small wooden dish when he was at school, and I still have that.
8. My other son made me a wooden pot stand, I still have that too.
9. I never, but never wear makeup. Never have done.
10. I wear nail varnish.
11. I don’t varnish my toe nails.
12. I don’t eat veal or lobster.
13. I hate the dentist.
14. I dislike the doctors, and only went to see one out of necessity.
15. I am a very patient person, and will take a lot of rubbish from people, but if I’m pushed and pushed, I will eventually explode.
16. When I was about 5 or 6, I rode my little scooter onto some scaffolding to the upstairs floor of a house, and fell to the ground. Truly, I did. Naturally I had to have stitched in the back of my head, where my head was cut. Tough old skull I have.
17. Don’t know if I should tell you this one, but when I was in the infants, I always used to forget to put my knickers on.
18. I lived along the south coast for 23 years, with a break of 2 when I lived in Bradford in Yorkshire. In all that time, I never visited the Isle of Wight, until last year. It was a regular school outing at that time, but I never went. We went last year.
19. One of my favourite films is “Strictly Ballroom”.
20. The film I always put on when I’m upset or miserable is “Shirley Valentine”.
21. I like Dr Who.
22. I like Star Trek.
23. I am a big reality TV fan.
24. I said I would not watch Big Brother, but here I am for another year, glued to the TV.
25. I don’t like little children sitting on the conveyor belt or the other end of the till where your shopping slides down, in a supermarket. I think it is so unhygienic.
26. I don’t like it when people are on the mobile phones while being served in a shop.
27. I disagree with children having expensive mobile phones.
28. I think the mothers who top up their children's phones with £10 and £20 of chat time, are as daft as brushes.
29. I think kids should wear peaked caps if they want to, mine wears one.
30. It worries me that I am the wrong side of 50. (Will I live another 50 years).
31. Had my glasses altered today, and I now have one thin lens, and one thick lens. It really looks odd. (I wonder if anyone will notice. So much with trying to be fashionable, perhaps I’ll set a trend all of my own.)
32. I’ve been looking for a jacket for months and months, I found it today, 7.45 this evening, there it was on the rack, just what I wanted.
33. I hate not being able to get the washing dry, we do need some rain though.
34. I don’t like that predictable text on mobiles.
35. I don’t like phones that can take pictures, and no one knows the picture has been taken, unless, of course, I am taking the picture (that’s different).
36. I have to have my ears syringed now and again. When I first had them done, a few years back, I could not believe how much I could hear. I went out of the doctors, being able to hear everything, every click of the car door, everything, it was wonderful.
37. I class myself as British.
38. I don’t class myself as European.
39. I would rather keep the Pound than go to the Euro.
40. I hate cricket.
41. I hate football.
42. I like gymnastics. (Spectator of course).
43. I like being a woman.
44. I like to have the door opened for me.
45. I like where I live.
46. I like the New Forest.
47. I used to horse ride when I was younger, but haven’t done so for about 34 years.
48. I haven’t rode my bike for a couple of years.
49. I’ve walked along the Champs-Elysées.
50. And finally, I’ve been totally lost in Brisbane.

2 comments:

Johnno said...

well done Sue!

Gary said...

Live long and Prosper Trekkie. Which series did you like the most?