Friday, July 23, 2004

Me first, me first, me FIRST!

Why, oh why, does the car behind you have to speed up, cut in front of you as the light is changing to red, JUST TO BE IN FRONT OF YOU???  I am already going 5 mph over the speed limit, the lane is going down from 2 to 1, I can see the light changing to amber and am preparing to make the stop....when a young-ish female in a Honda Accord decides to pull over from behind me, fly around from the right and then slip in front only to slam on her brakes, in turn forcing me to do the same as we both arrive at a SCREAMING stop, leaving lovely tire treads on the road.  Spilled hot tea, everything from the back seat on the floor, my Tim McGraw CD now skips, and my seatbelt left a lovely red burn mark across my waist.

Made me want to smack into the rear end of her car and scream, "I may be older than you but I have WAY more insurance!!!!"

***sigh****

 

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wonderful film, "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe". The best line in the film. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet either. (Our day will come).

Leigh said...

We can dream, can't we Sue???