Wednesday, February 23, 2005

What a crazy world!

As you all know, I was diagnosed with diabetes on 3rd November 2004, I was given a sick note from the doctor for two weeks. At the end of the two weeks I returned to work to be greeted with an attendance review. Last week I had the flu. I had to take two days off sick, Monday and Friday, (I don’t work on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays), which made my sick percentage about 11%, and you are only allowed 3% over a 26 week period. I returned to work on the Saturday. On Monday I had to have another attendance review, (one question asked at the review was “what steps did I take to get rid of the flu”, another was “did I explore all avenues open to me” (as a diabetic, I get a free flu jab). The outcome of that review was that I have to attend an investigatory meeting on Friday, to ascertain why I was off.

2 comments:

Johnno said...

Sue,Go to the interview and tell them to get a life

Leigh said...

Sue:

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. As far as your upcoming investigatory review...I'd have all my ducks in a row, complete with the documentation of the diagnosis, whatever you have from when you got the flu shot and present it to them and then watch them shrink up in their chairs and feel horribly stupid. Then I'd smile and get up and walk out!!!